Friday, May 01, 2015

ux: nelson progress

Final pamphlet (inside):


the Four Season sculptures, drawn in Illustrator:


front of trading cards:


back of trading cards:


pp: moar progress

bus iness card
prototype 2
-used thinner paper, but it's still ripping on the edges
-my information is being cut in half - perhaps it should be on a different panel
-won't close shut all the way, and won't open up all the way, so should be more flexible



thank you card
-envelope still has to be designed
-bought a small hole-puncher to punch out the circles
-on the inside will be a close-up or a detailed shot of one of my portfolio works
-wanted all my collateral to be dimensional + flat




takeaway stuffs
-some dark chocolate almonds...
-is this too random?


stickers
-an array of stickers that can go on takeaway stuff and letters
-bought some sticker paper, but the printer won't print it exactly in line!




Monday, April 27, 2015

ux: nelson progress

We finished the "trading cards" for each sculpture. The riddles + story will go on the back and when compiled together, will create a complete story. Each card has basic information on the sculpture as well as a blurb about it. They're talking in first person, to make it seem more relatable to kids. 





Thursday, April 23, 2015

pp: progress

BUSINESS CARD
prototype 1




can be displayed different ways:


issues with prototype 1:
-the matte board isn't working, have to use thinner paper
-perhaps more interesting type layout
-maybe turning the logo upside down (to match the form)
-too time consuming — need to simplify

type layout 2



ux: progress and regress

Myles and I killing it!
After the user test day, Myles and I realized we had to simplify our idea A LOT. The folding was too complicated and cumbersome, and we needed less flaps. So, we went back to the drawing board and experimented with different ways of folding again. We are still keeping to the story concept, however the story will mostly go into the "trading cards" that they're collecting at each sculpture.

Below is a compilation of the different folds we tried:


Our final two folding ideas:

fold 1
This way of folding simplified the process a lot, and focused on the function. Rather than highlighting the activity, we dedicated most of the space to the map and the symbols. 




fold 2
For this idea, we still kept to our original concept with the accordion fold, however made the die-cut simply a decorative element. Families said the map looked too abstract, so we decided to just have it as a representation. 



Pamphlet Redo in Progress




Map in progress