Mary Lim

Friday, October 11, 2013

Typography: Typographic Metaphor

Theme
Homographs

I photographed all three images, using transparencies. For the first version, I cut a strip of transparency with the word "wound," and curled it around to enhance its meaning. For the second, I decreased the tracking of the letters to make it appear vulnerable, and cut a section of the word away. For the last definition, I overlapped multiple sheets of transparencies to depict its tension. 



to encircle

to injure

in a state of tension

CRITIQUE:
  • wound as in to encircle - good, except you used grayscale...
  • wound as in injury - maybe make bigger to have greater impact on viewer
  • the wound depicting tension is only interesting because I overlapped transparencies....other than that, it's not innovative or creative (push thinking further!



No comments:

Post a Comment