Mary Lim

Monday, April 21, 2014

t2: mies editorial mock up

I changed my article to an interview with Ludwig Mies van der Rohe from the book Conversations with Mies van der Rohe edited by Moises Puente. I took Marty's advice in exposing the grid in the background and showing the structure of the layout in order to speak to Mies' aesthetic of bringing out essential qualities of architecture. Overall, I wanted it to look constructed and rugged; not too delicate and refined, but not too messy and cluttered. The spreads I did previously were a bit on the cluttered side, so I cleaned it up a bit. I think I need to incorporate more of my material from viscom and a closing spread. The last page seems like an after thought too. Still, I'm actually pretty happy with how this turned out! I've been feeling kind of uninspired and indifferent these days, but this design gave me some inspiration. Critique: illegible, didn't take the viewer into consideration, have a more logical/rational layout, make a distinction between title and quotes




No comments:

Post a Comment