Mary Lim

Thursday, February 12, 2015

pp: basic cover letter

Nelson Atkins Durwood Foundation Internship

February 19, 2015

Michele Boeckholt
Manager of Graphic Design
Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art 
4525 Oak Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64110


Dear Michele Boeckholt,


My interest and experience in environmental design along with my love for art history inform what I design. After hearing about the Durwood Foundation graphic design internship at the Nelson-Atkins Museum from Julie Metzler, the Director of Special Programs, I realized that the internship would be ideal for me. Working at The Rabbit Hole, Nych Gallery, as well as doing freelance design work altogether have given me an understanding of space in relation to viewership. As a student at the Kansas City Art Institute earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts with an emphasis in Graphic Design and Art History, I am now a junior in my second semester. 

From creating posters for companies or events and designing exhibits, to my knowledge of the printing process, my experience of these areas will be an asset to the Nelson-Atkins Museum. My Deborah Sussman poster, my Earl Klugh poster and promos, and my Skyscraper Timeline poster all display my command of typography with image. I would love to have this experience of working with you and learning about the ins and outs of being a designer for a museum.

If you would like to see how I work, you can see my process blog here:mary-lim.blogspot.comand my portfolio site here:behance.net/marylim

I am looking forward to meeting with you to talk about both the internship and your own experience working at the Nelson-Atkins Museum. 

Thank you so much for your time and consideration!



Sincerely,

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment