Mary Lim

Tuesday, March 03, 2015

pp: experimenting w/ hosting sites

I've already decided that I would use WordPress because I want to challenge myself and get familiar with html, however, here are some sites I've been experimenting with:

squarespace


wix


virb


behance pro site


After going through squarespace, wix, virb, and behance, I realized that squarespace is the most user-friendly and easiest to use. You don't have to change the settings on a separate page and then go to another page to view the changes; the editing can all be seen on one window. One downside of this hosting site is that most of the designs look the same: minimal, clean, and generic. It does make people's sites look professional, but at the same time, it loses its authenticity and originality. Wix was a good runner-up in terms of hosting sites because it allowed for more options, without having to go into html. Things could be edited as it you were in InDesign, shifting text boxes around and enlarging shapes. Out of all of them, virb was the most frustrating to use. I definitely know I won't be using that hosting site...



No comments:

Post a Comment