Mary Lim

Friday, March 06, 2015

ux: assumptive persona interviews + sketches

Derick and I couldn't meet with our assumptive personas in person, so interviewed them via email. After our critique last class, we were suggested to change our audience to wealthy business people instead of 20-30 year olds because they hold the most power and can fuel change. However, we still feel as though power is actually in the hands of the general public, who consume and work for these companies. As a result, we're still conflicted about who our persona will be, so we interviewed people from both sects. 

BRAINSTORMING



DESIGN ALTERNATIVES





INTERVIEWS
Deborah Lim
Age: 26
Graduated University of Illinois-Champaign, majored in Creative Writing
Currently went back to school for fashion design
  • What are your interests/hobbies?
    • My interests include fashion trends. My hobbies include knitting, sewing, watching movies, doing yoga.
  • What are your short-term and long-term goals?
    • My short-term goals are: finish my degree strong and get good grades.
      Long-term: Find a job in the field of Fashion and advance my career to eventually become an entrepreneur.
  • What do you need to do in order to achieve your short-term goals?
    • I need to keep up with my study habits, and exceed expectations with my assignments
  • What does your daily routine look like?
    • It depends on the day, but I mostly wake up at around 9:30am, I drink some coffee and eat breakfast. I check my social media, and watch the morning news. Then I get ready – wash my face, fix my hair, and put on make-up. I change my clothes and start my day.
  • How involved are you with social media? What do you use the most and the least?
    • I am very involved with social media – I have a facebook, Instagram, twitter account, linkedin, and also a blog. I need to check all these outlets every day, especially because I know that it is one of the main ways of communication these days. I use Instagram the most, and Twitter the least.
  • What are your current thoughts on climate change? What do you think people can do to improve your opinion of climate change
    • I definitely think it is a problem, although I do not know in detail on the subject. I have heard and learned briefly about how environmentalists have predicted that global warming will pose a huge problem in the decades to come. The melting of the polar continents could cause flooding and climate change. I definitely think people can try to recycle all their waste, and be conscious of their consumption. 

FINAL PERSONA


Nathan Rockwell

No comments:

Post a Comment